Wednesday 8 May 2013

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires Of The City

   I was listening to the new Vampire Weekend album (via itunes stream) out in my backgarden being accompanied by the sun, but he had to go... So now I'm sitting at my computer listening to the conclusion of the album and writing about it to you. So far I have been very impressed with the album, they've managed to avoid repetition, which to be fair, they didn't really with the first two albums... I like the layout of each track, the album has a nice flow to it. I really like "Finger Back" and "Worship You", as well as the obvious "Diane Young" and "Ya Hey". All in all this has been a very enjoyable album so far and I am impressed. It doesn't sound the exact same as their other stuff which is good because it was getting boring in my opinion. Personally I prefer this album to Contra even though I am a fan of Contra with immense songs such as "Giving Up The Gun" on it. "Step" is still my favourite song off Modern Vampires Of The City, but this is the first time I've listened to the album and I'm sure I'll find a new favourite soon enough. Anyway, good job Vampire Weekend, you've done it again; see you in July!
~.


   Just click the link below and you will eventually be left on your itunes where you can listen to a full stream of the album.
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires Of The City (Full Stream)

No comments:

Post a Comment